Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reaching

It's only been a couple of weeks now that Isla has started reaching her arms out for us to hold her. She used to just sit and cry and look at us like, "come on, take me!". I will never forget the first time she reached for me. She was sitting in the living room floor and wanted me to take her. She reached up with a HUGE smile on her face (definitely Isla style) and kind of bopped up and down with excitement. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Isla WANTED me, and it was such a great feeling!
This morning, I was thinking of that comparison with our relationship with Jesus. Have you come to a place in your walk where you REACH for Him and let him know how much you want Him to take you? Or do you just sit and whine or cry and hope He gets the signal to come and do something about it? I can only imagine that it must bring Him great joy when we come to Him with such purpose and express our deepest love for him. There's safety in His arms and I believe He wants to hold us.

No comments: