Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Ends of the Earth

A couple of week ago, Jeff and I attended a missions seminar with Simone and Luchie. Though I've been in church and exposed to missions causes all my life, these seminars were an eye-opener for me! I was reminded of something called the 10/40 window. This "window" is an area that contains the largest population of non-Christians in the world. The area extends from 10 degrees to 40 degrees North of the equator, and stretches from North Africa across to China.

We pray, we send money, we may even go on a short-term mission trip to help unreached people in some small way. Then, we go about our daily lives here in America and often forget that there are still millions of people who don't know the Lord. In fact, I heard of one country that only has 15 known Christians in the entire country! Wow... and we thought there weren't many of us in California.

Leading people to Christ is not something God asks us to leave for "missionaries" or "pastors". It's a commandment that God gave all of us.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matt. 28:18-20
What are YOU doing to reach those who have never even heard of Christ? What are WE as women doing to reach other women who are hurting, hopeless, abused, and unloved? I challenge you to think on this for a few days. Pray about it. Ask God what YOU can do to help someone in an unreached land. It won't be long before GIRLFRIENDS get together to make a difference in the lives of one of these unreached groups and we want YOU to be a part! More to come soon!

No comments: