Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Body Image and Jesus

Most of us have done it. We obsess over a body part in the mirror. Maybe you've tried to squeeze yourself into your skinny jeans. Have you ever compared yourself with another woman or ate like a "bird" in public so other people won't judge you?

Our culture seems obsessed with body image and we've grown up with media signals taunting us from every direction. In fact, we may have passed some of these obsessions or unhealthy habits on to our daughters or other young girls who look up to us.

What do you think God has to say about this issue? How do you think Jesus would counsel one of us on this topic today? We would LOVE to hear what you think. Just click on the comment link below and give us your opinion. You can leave your name, or keep your comment anonymous. Is this something you struggle with? Have you seen someone else struggle? How does this whole "epidemic" make you feel? We want to know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worry sometimes that the things I do and say will affect my kids. I know I shouldn't obsess, but I do.

Anonymous said...

I once heard someone say that God made each of us and if we are not happy with "us" then we're not happy with what God made. That can't be good.