Monday, June 16, 2008

Girlfriend Spotlight on Amy Swanson!

We're excited to introduce to you our next Girlfriend Spotlight! Enjoy getting to know a few things about Amy that you never knew before! You're AWESOME AMY! We love you!

What is your full name? Amy Diane (Proctor{official 2 aug}) Swanson
Do you have any brothers or sisters? I'm the youngest of 6. 2 brothers 3 sisters
Where did you grow up? Danvers Mass
Are you married? If so, to whom and how long? Divorced after 19ys
Do you have any kids or grand kids? Beverly 17, Christopher 15
Name a favorite thing about someone in your family. Christopher's sense of humor
What is your current job? Hairstylist
What profession would you like to attempt? I very happy with what I do.
If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Lobster or ice cream, and chocolate when in crisis mode.
What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime? A God centered marriage that last the rest of my life!
Who is your hero? My Dad, I hated my dad for the longest time. My parents divorced when I was 7. After 25 yrs. He said he no longer loved my mom. Recently I found out that my mom wanted out of the marriage. And my dad took all the blame. When I mom was dying of cancer, my dad took her to treatments, brought her friends to see her. He loved her and still does. He took a lot of abuse from the 6 of us. He is one of the strongest Christian men I know. He is my hero.
What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer? Sail
Are you a morning or night person? Both
What are your favorite hobbies? Sailing, and now motorcycling.
What are your pet peeves? Cancellation of appointments/plans and whining
What turns you on? Positive people
What turns you off? Negative people. I'm negative enough I don't need extra.
If I could be anybody besides myself, I would be… With God working on me daily I'm quite happy being me.
When, how, why did you start attending Living Hope? A year ago May because Bevy was going to the youth group here.
Who's your favorite pastor's wife? Of course, Jamie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, it's so nice to hear about your relationship with your dad. What a great story with a great ending! We're glad Bev brought you to the church!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about yourself. Good to get to know you better!

Anonymous said...

I can totally see how a hairstylist would have a problem with people canceling appointments - ha!

Anonymous said...

Cutie pictures!!