Monday, June 2, 2008

Fit Flops - The New Craze!

Have you seen these yet? They're an awesome new shoe for summer that is trendy and cute, but also offer support and a boost to help you workout while you walk! Here's the deal. They increase leg and calf muscles while you walk to help you burn more calories than if you were walking in a typical tennis shoe. However, they reduce strain on your feet, knees, and back, so you get the support you need! I must admit that I haven't tried them yet, and at $50 a pair, it may be a while. The next time I have a little extra cash - this is at the top of my treat list, though.
We heard from one of our very own girlfriends recently that her kids ordered a pair for her to try on Mother's Day. So ask Colette the next time you see her if the claims are true! Oprah gave them to her audience recently as one of her "favorite things" of the summer. (So they must be great, right?!) If you've had a chance to check them out personally, be sure to let the rest of us know if the benefit is worth the cash! In the mean time, you can check out their web site at http://www.footsmart.com/. Look at all the various colors and find the pair that works with your wardrobe. Happy summer and happy fitness, girlfriends!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I have a pair of FitFlops, as well as my mom... I don't specifically go walking in them enough to feel a big workout, but they're my "go to" shoes for every day. I CAN tell you, however, that the little bit of back pain that I started to get from being pregnant COMPLETELY went away when I started wearing these. They are uber-comfortable, and definitely relieve pressure in leg joints and back.
Hope that helps!
:-)

Jamie said...

Great info! Thanks, Jessi. You're just making me want to spend more money now!