Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Girlfriends Spotlight on Charlene Haugen!

Hi girlfriends! I would like you to get to know one of our girlfriends better. Here is our interview with Charlene.
  1. What is your full name? Charlene Janet (I actually use my maiden name for legal stuff) Haugen
  2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? 2 younger sister who live in Oregon & San Diego and a younger brother who lives in Colorado.
  3. Where did you grow up? Anaheim, CA, home of Disneyland & the California Angels (yes, that is what they were called originally when they moved to Anaheim)
  4. Are you married? Yes! To Roger. Our 32nd anniversary is July 24th. We started dating in 1972, wow!!
  5. Do you have any kids or grand kids? Ben 26, Heidi 24 & Wayne 22 and adding a daughter-in-law August 16th!!
  6. Name a favorite thing about someone in your family. My husband, Roger & my dad, Henry, they have both survived horrendous accidents miraculously and can testify to God's greatness. My dad lost his leg in a hit and run accident in 1990 and has still traveled the world & Roger is alive after his 2 story fall and head injury and continues to strive to improve.
  7. What is your current job? I am the household "activities coordinator" but actually do work seasonally for QSP Reader's Digest doing accounting & order processing for Jr. high fundraisers in Solano & Yolo counties.
  8. What profession would you like to attempt? Open a casual tearoom, but actually going out to tea is fine for now!!
  9. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? One of my grandma's pies recipes, but of course made by her!! My favorites are Colonial pumpkin, coconut cream & boysenberry.
  10. What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime? An uncluttered house, but actually a family who continues to enjoy being together even as adults.
  11. Who is your hero? My sister, Terri. She has followed the Lord steadily through very difficult times and always is able to accomplish everything she sets out to do.
  12. What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer? Travel, I can do that anytime!!
  13. Are you a morning or night person? NIGHT
  14. What are your favorite hobbies? Reading (murder mysteries, biographies & romance novels), going to tea with friends, traveling, playing games with my family and doing puzzles with Heidi.
  15. What are your pet peeves? People, especially in Dixon, who don't signal when they are going to turn!!!
  16. What turns you on? Having my family together and hearing laughter.
  17. What turns you off? the HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours. If I get an address or phone number, I will have it forever!!
  19. If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be… a detective, accepting, blunt.
  20. If I could be anybody besides myself, I would be… I like me, so I would have to say a thinner & more organized "ME"
  21. When, how, why did you start attending Living Hope? I was one of the original Valley members who came to discuss starting a church plant. I wanted to have a church where I lived and where my kids had Christian friends nearby.
  22. What message do you want to send to your LH friends? With the Lord's help (built over time spent with Him, learning about Him & reading about Him) you can survive & endure ANYTHING. Being an example to your children in godly living is SOOOOO important but also to admit when you are wrong is equally important. We need to be different than people in the world or why would anyone want to be a Christian? And seeking professional help is sometimes an important part of being a better Christian wife, mother or friend.
This is FANTASTIC, Charlene! I have enjoyed getting to know you better and we all appreciate your honest and fun answers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

32 Years... that's awesome!! Here's to long marriages and hope that we'll see more like this in our church.