Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thankful In All Circumstances!

There's nothing like being sick to turn a woman's house upside down! Add a sick husband, baby, and another kid or two and it may seem hopeless. It comes in layers, of course. First the baby who gives it to big sis, then to mom, then to dad, and so on.

But come on! We all know that as a wife and a mom, we don't get to stop just because we're not feeling well. Somehow we find a way to continue cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. At my house, you know it's bad when I let those things go. This holiday weekend, they were all let go. I was in either in bed or on the couch for 2 or 3 days and it was noticeable!

However, even through all the piles of laundry and lack of anything close to a balanced meal, I was so thankful for my kids! Isaiah watched Isla one morning while I stayed in bed and Mollie was at a sleep-over. I heard him in the living room as he gave up his movie (stopped it right in the middle) to turn on Yo-Gabba-Gabba for Isla. He knows just what works to keep her happy! I even heard some comments as he fed her a breakfast bar and changed her diaper - wow! My little boy is growing up. Then, Mollie whipped up her very first batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch and made the bar-pan recipe. They were delicious and picked up everyone's mood. Isaiah wanted to know if he could invite his neighborhood friends over for "the best chocolate chip cake dessert thingy" he's ever had!

So, now I'm feeling better and it's catch-up time for laundry and house work. Instead of complaining about what I have ahead of me (it's a fairly daunting task) I decided to be THANKFUL for the help I had while I was down and the fact that I don't have to do it alone. What do you have to be thankful for today?

I Thes. 5:18 says, "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Come, on! Dig deep and you'll find a positive spin on whatever situation you're in!

No comments: