Thursday, December 25, 2008

He Had No Rights

I read this poem on a friend's facebook page and wanted to share it with each of you.  It's amazing how society has helped form our minds to believe we're "owed" so much by so many.  Great reminder to us all.  I'm not sure who the author is, but thanks to Keith Stewart for letting me borrow it from him.

He had no rights, and I?
A right to the “comforts” of life?
No, but a right to the love of God for my pillow.
A right to physical safety?
No, but a right to the security of being in His will.
A right to love and sympathy from those around me?
No, but a right to the friendship of the One who understands me better than I know myself.
A right to be a leader among men?
No, but the right to be led by the One to Whom I have given my all.
A right to home and dear ones?
No, not necessarily, but a right to dwell in the heart of God.
A right to myself?
No, but, oh, I have a right to Christ.
All that He takes I give.
All that He gives I take.
He, my only right.
He, the one right before which all other rights fade into nothingness.
I have full right to Him; Oh, may He have full right to me.

No comments: