Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Traditions and Memories

Christmas  - what an amazing time of year!  As a young child, toys and gifts seem to dominate our mindset.  As we "grow up", hopefully we learn that this opportunity to celebrate Jesus' birthday offers so much more!  I'm a total emotional person... an artist at heart.  I love to be nostalgic and look back at memories and celebrations I had as a child with my family.  Those memories inspire me to build meaningful traditions for my children as well.  I asked each of you to share a memory or tradition with us and I can't wait to learn more about our girlfriend's favorite Christmas celebrations!

Here's our first story by Lilyana Escobar:
Growing up we would go to sleep early Christmas Eve & wake up midnight Christmas Day. That's when the celebrating seems best for us, eating tamales & ham, & thanking God for another year then opening presents. When we're through we go back to sleep, wake up then just hang out the rest of the day.
                                                                                     
Great story, Lily!  Thanks for sharing!
 

No comments: