Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waiting for Lightning


Are you waiting for lightning? Do you want to serve Christ or find a way to minister to people around you, but feel like you need to wait for a sign or special invitation? Sometimes I feel that way. I feel like I need to study Jesus more, improve my prayer life, fix all the issues in my family or with my attitude. It's hard to imagine Jesus using me to do something helpful when I feel so far from "ready". In a recent quiet time I read the following scripture and it really stood out to me.

"My counsel for you is simple and straight forward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live Him. You're deeply rooted in Him. You're well constructed upon Him. You know your way around the faith. Now, do what you've been taught. School's out. Quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving!" Colossians 2:6-7 (The Message)

What are we waiting for? If we've asked Christ to forgive us and be #1 in our lives - He has! The power of the Holy Spirit is living in us and ready to move! We need to LIVE HIM and share our faith with those around us. I'm so thankful I don't have to work on the level of a Bible Scholar or Theologian to serve Christ. I can share my experience with others, invite them to church or small group, and actively serve them in a real way every day!

No comments: