Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Please Pray...

As many of you know, one of our girlfriends, Charlene, has been praying for and helping her mother who is very sick. On Sunday, her mother collapsed at church (after finally finishing radiation). Here is an update from her on the latest news and how you and I can be praying for her family during this time. Thanks for your prayers!

Well, I really don't want to write this but it is what it is!! It has been determined that my mom's tumor is back and that is almost twice the size as the original. Please pray as we look at courses of action or whether we let it go and enjoy what time we have left. They had told us this was very invasive and progressive but having just completed 33 radiation treatments we had hoped for better. Pray for wisdom for us all in dealing with what is to come and each other. Pray for times of reconciliation for those who need it and peace for everyone. My mom is grandmother to 13 kids. Pray for her as she is concerned for them all and that they would follow Jesus in their lives. Pray also for me and my siblings as we come to the end of her life. My mom has always trusted the Lord. She went through my dad's tremendous accident when he lost his leg in 1990 in the
hit and run accident. She has helped her dad, mom, aunt and brother as they passed away. It is time for us to give back. She is ready to see the Lord and that will be great for her. It is always we who are left behind who are sad.

Tuesday my sister called with an update. She was there when my dad was talking to the radiologist. The doctor seems to think that whatever they found is not accurate because it is too soon after completing the treatments to get an accurate reading. My sister and dad will be researching a new primary doctor, hopefully one they feel very confident in. My dad is so scattered and my sister is so organized that there is a bit of frustration on her part. Pray for clearness of direction and peace for whatever action we take. As for now Roger and I won't be leaving. We have various appointments and commitments that we would like to get done. The major one right now is Roger's deposition tomorrow and next Tues. Pray for clearness of mind and calmness for him and for me as I will be there as a support. Pray too that my brother is able to get here soon. I would love to see him as it has been since my parent's 50th anniversary in 2003 since I have seen him. Thanks again for all of your notes and offers to help. I can't think of anything right now, but it is great to know that so many are willing to be available.

Love, Charlene

No comments: