Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Approval Seekers

Hi girlfriends! It's been WAY TOO LONG! I think our household has gone upside down - but we're getting back to "normal". I wanted to share with you from a devotion I read today.

Paul wrote to the people of Galatia about the gospel of Christ. He warns us that some will come along who try to preach something other than the TRUE Word of God. At times, it can sound so convincing, that we want to believe it. He warns us to be careful and only allow the truth that comes from God's Word to permeate our hearts. It wasn't easy for Paul to share this message. It was a hard truth that they needed to hear. In Galatians 1:20, he follows it up by asking,
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

As women, it's easy to worry about what others think of us. Many times in my own life, concern for what others think has been so strong that it's driven me to make decisions that I wouldn't have made otherwise. (I'm not just talking about what to order from a menu or which color of blouse to buy). When our closest friends, family, and trusted acquaintances disagree with a direction we choose to take in life, it can be difficult. When this happens, will you be strong? Don't forget, it's the approval of GOD we seek, not that of those around us! As long as you're in the center of HIS will, nothing else matters. I encourage you to seek God's perfect plan for your life. Read His Word, pray often, and seek Godly counsel to make decisions that would be pleasing to Him.

No comments: