Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girlfriend Spotlight on Jessi Besseghini!

It's time for a new spotlight. This week, we have the opportunity to get to know Jessi Bessighini, our fearless leader of the Living Hope Youth Group! Have fun getting to know her better, girlfriends!

What is your full name? Jessi Mari (Boicelli) Besseghini

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Yep--Brandon, Curt and Jaymi Boicelli

Where did you grow up? Vacaville and Dixon

Are you married? Yes, to my high school sweetheart, Wes... we've been married for 2 years now.

Do you have any kids or grand kids? I'm incubating my first kid right now!! :-) He's due Sept. 18.

Name a favorite thing about someone in your family. I love my mom's willingness to use her life to serve other people.

What is your current job? I'm the youth minister at Living Hope. However, I also coach softball and give private softball lessons, and I'm a football coach's wife, which should be considered a full-time job in itself... I'll also probably start substitute teaching this fall.

What profession would you like to attempt? I like to write and do creative stuff, but for now, I think I'll be pretty content in doing part-time work and being a full-time mommy. :-)

If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm.

What is one goal you'd like to accomplish during your lifetime? I would like to keep my house spotless for a week. (Ha ha, good luck with a baby coming, right?!)

Who is your hero? My mommy. She treats others how they're supposed to be treated, and she does so much work behind the scenes wherever she goes. She rocks.

What's your favorite thing to do in the summer? Sit outside around a fire, just talking and relaxing with friends and family.

Are you a morning or night person? Both. In college I would go to bed at 1am and get up at 5am. I love both the craziness of nighttime and the coolness and peace of the morning.

What are your favorite hobbies? Coaching softball, watching football (whether it's Wes coaching Dixon's JV team or the Raiders on TV), hanging out with family and friends, cooking/baking, watching movies...

What are your pet peeves? People who mistreat other people because they appear to be of a lower social/economic/educational class. I've worked at an ice cream shop, a coffee shop, and a pizza place, and no matter how nice you are to the customers, you'd be amazed at how many still treat you like you're stupid because they ASSUME you must be an uneducated, ambitionless idiot if you're working there. Just be nice, people!

What turns you on? Acts of service (when I come home and find Wes has done laundry and dishes, etc. He's amazing.)

What turns you off? Someone not opening up to me.

Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours. I can't stand sleeping alone (that is, in a house by myself). If Wes has to go out of town for something, I still go to my parents' house and have a sleepover with my sister. :-)

If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be… well-intentioned, faithful, skeptical

If I could be anybody besides myself, I would be… I have no idea. All the really good and admirable people (Mother Teresa, etc.) have to sacrifice so much and work so hard, and to be totally honest, I'm not so sure I could do what they've done... but then again, I don't really want to be Paris Hilton, either. How about Belle from "Beauty and the Beast"? That sounds good.

When, how, why did you start attending Living Hope? Started attending in 2001 when the church first opened its doors, over at Anderson. My family had attended Valley EV Free for forever, but we were looking to start attending church in Dixon. This was right after Wes and I had started dating, and he informed me after our first week here that Living Hope was where he would be attending church, with or without me. So of course, this is where I went. :-)

What message do you want to send to your LH friends? I love you all! Thanks for making Living Hope such a warm, welcoming place. :-) (Special shout-out to the youth staff... they are AMAZING!)

Thanks, Jessi! A writer, huh? I may have to solicit you for some additions to our blog! We love you Jessi. Thanks for everything you do to make Living Hope (and our youth) so amazing! Can't wait to see little Besseghini and hold him soon! We're keeping you in our prayers.

No comments: